Loudest Defund the Police Activist Used Our Money for Private Security

0
2957

Political activism means putting 10 percent of your heart into a cause that you care about and allowing the other 90 percent to use it for their own personal gain.

Many blue state leaders were inspired by the “defunding the police” movement. San Francisco, the bluest, couldn’t stop crime-infested cities and demanded that their police force be returned.

Members from “the Squad”, which included New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio Cortez were accused of trying to lower public protection while using taxpayer money for private security.

In the fight to defund the police, one voice was more powerful than the other. Ayanna Pressley, a Massachusetts Representative. Pressley requested that police funding be withdrawn, but she was actually using taxpayer funds to hire private security personnel to protect herself.

The Daily Caller reports Pressley has spent thousands on private security.

According to the House records, Pressley spent $63,000 of her Member Representational Allowance (MRA) on “security services” for 2021. Between Oct. 1 and December 31, 2021, she spent $28,000 and $35,000, respectively.

According to the payments, the money went to Alisa Tatarian, who works as a Financial Manager in the U.S House of Representatives. However, Tatarian and Pressley did not respond to our inquiries regarding the money spent on security services.

The Member’s Representative Allowance is meant to cover individual office receipts or expenditures within a single legislative year. House government website says that the MRA cannot be transferred between legislative years.

Elise Stefanik is a New York Rep. Stefanik said that Ayanna Pressley repeatedly demanded that our police force be defunded while spending taxpayer money on private security. “All the while violent crimes rates continue to rise within our cities. Pressley and Squad want our police force to be defunded, while simultaneously spending top dollar on their private security with taxpayer money.

It’s not surprising for a Democrat politician to want to avoid dealing with the changes. Many left-leaning groups, such as Women’s March and Climate Change activism want you to accept the negatives but not face them.

This is the worst example of “for me but not anyone else” where you demand less security, then spend your money on people who can protect you.

This is the practice and nature of grift. Grifters can be found everywhere.

One of the most important grifts of recent times is Black Lives Matter. It was the most prominent grift in recent times, dominating all media from football fields and headlines to the 2020 election cycle.